Thursday, October 29, 2009

Late October.

Hi there friends.

I thought I'd take a moment to put down some thoughts today. One of the people on Twitter kept tweeting the quote, "Death is a debt we all must pay." (No credit given to the author.) The quote bothered me in that, my mind immediately rejected the statement. Each time she would re-post it, I heard the word, "wrong," spring into my head, and I asked myself why?

Well, I never looked at death that way! As a little kid, I quickly realized that we humans are always looking forward to an older age: when you're 4 you want to be 5 so that you can start school; when you're 10 you want to be 12 so that you can stay at home alone (or some other benefit); when you're 12 you want to be 16 so you can drive; when your 16 you want to be 21; etc., etc., etc. It appeared that each older age offered something that the younger age did not. I reasoned that, if we are always looking forward to an older age and the patterned continued throughout life, death, the end of life, must not be what it was made out to be! Death then, should actually be the ultimate prize! And I began my search for understanding about the spiritual side of life.

Now I know that it is not death that is the debt we have to pay, but rather time here on Earth in this plane of existence. Death is our reward, our release from our duties and burdens, our doorway back to peace, joy, contemplation and understanding.

I think it needs a new name - something like "graduation," "vacation," or "reunion" - something that more closely conveys the true meaning of that transition back home to our spiritual selves.

And that is my thought for today.

Those of you who are looking for the excerpts from my book, "Sunrise, Day One!" they are posted on my earlier entries from June 4, 2009 to July 26, 2009. I hope you enjoy them! And if you'd like to purchase the book at a lower price than the online bookstores, just email me at the address in my previous blogs. Cheers!
Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment