Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I received my proof copy of "Sunrise, Day One!" yesterday afternoon, and today I am looking through it to check for printing errors, etc. It is so exciting to have the book in hand! As I look through the book, I get caught up in the story like I had never read it before! Silly, huh? That made me wonder if you out there might like to read some excerpts from the book?

The character who is initally telling the story is a middle aged woman named Susan O'Neal. She has awakened to find herself badly injured and her world drastically changed. She also discovers that she can talk to her spirit guide, Stephen face to face. In the following, Stephen is helping Susan remember what has happened to her.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I continued. "Things began falling out of the cabinets, the alarm clock fell off of the night stand, and I could hear glass crashing down in the bathroom. I couldn't belive it! An earthquake like this in Mid-America! It was all I could do to keep from falling down. I made my way down the hall by holding on to the wall. The phone was ringing. I grabbed for it in the living room and sat down on the floor as I answered it. It was Bob. He was screaming, 'Get out, get out! Take the car and drive south as fast as you can. Get...' And the line went dead. That was the last time I...." I took a deep breath to fight back the tears and to calm myself. "As if I weren't already frightened, I was now terrified! .... The thought came to me that I might not be able to drive out of here. About that time a big tree behind the house came crashing down. I decided to try the car. Maybe I could drive up to the main road. .... I got to the car, got in, started it and began creeping up the undulating driveway. As I drove around the cove and up toward the barn, I saw my cat, Jack run across the drive. I stopped the car thinking maybe I could get him. I got out and called him. That was when I heard the roar! It was a roar like nothing I had ever heard before. I turned and looked in the direction of the sound. I saw my house rocking and the water in the lake convulsing. I looked up the hillside behind the house and there, above the highest trees, I could see a giant wall of water coming down the lake! Out of sheer terror I turned and ran. The deafening roar increased as the water overtook me from behind. It knocked me down, and then I was up on top of the water, gasping for air. And then I was under the water again. Everything went black, and...I don't remember anything more until I woke up in the barn."

Well, I must get back to work. If you like that one, I'll post more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment