Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still waiting (impatiently) for word from my publisher about when the book will be ready for Amazon. But I thought I would give you, my faithful readers, another little excerpt today. In this scene, Randy has told Susan how he would like for her to dispose of his body should anything happen to him. That is a frightening thought for Suasn who has already lost so much during the cataclysm and spent so many days alone before finding him.

"Oh, Susan, neither one of us is going anywhere until we have completed our purpose," Randy continued, "you can bet on that!" He got a serious look on his face as he stared into te flames. "But, to tell you the truth, going back to the spiritual side has never worried me. It was always being left here alone that was the most distressing thought to me. When my wife and children died, I wished I could die, too. I felt like I had been cheated, not becasue they had died, but because I didn't get to go with them." He took a deep breath and them looked up at me and smiled. "But now I know I was left behind because I still have some work to do and important work it is!" he said coming over to me.
He took my hands and pulled me to my feet. "We have a mission. We've got to help this world get started on the right path," he said emphatically, and he pulled me close to him. "And I'm not alone, Susan, and neither are you," he said, and putting his finger under my chin, he tilted my face up to his and kissed me tendrely on the lips.
My mind rushed in with thoughts about not having known this man very long and how improper it was for a newly-widowed woman to care for someone new this soon, but those thoughts were cut off like old rags and dissapated in the feelings of acceptance that filled my every fiber at that moment. Being in his arms, our auras blending, I felt the vibrations of a perfect 'togetherness' ring through me like a vibrating chord of scintillating harmony. This was right! And, I kissed him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment